Leaving Europe has been on my list for quite some time and I hope I am finally going to do it.
Yes, I’ve been to Asian part of the Istanbul but there are still a lot of continents on my bucket list. We were supposed to visit friends in Colombia for NY’s but my girlfriend had to go back to work earlier. It’s good that the plan failed because I actually hurt a bit my back during the ski season opening in Bansko. Fortunately, a friend of mine offered a trip to Gokyo valley in Nepal and soon after that…
I have never thought that my first big trip outside of the Old Continent would be to the top of the world. Well, we will probably just take a glimpse of Chomolungma and maybe reach the base camp but still. Really hope that the inflammation of my three vertebrae would heal very soon so that I can start preparing for this trek. Here’s the initial program day by day, most of the trek companies offer similar itineraries.
- April 03 2015 Day 1: Arrival Kathmandu
- April 04 2015 Day 2: Lukla Flight (2800m/ 9383ft) then treks to Phakding (2,652m/8700ft)
- April 05 ,2015 Day 3: Hike to Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,290ft)
- April 06, 2015 Day 4: Acclimatize at Namche Bazaar
- April 07, 2015 Day 5: Move to Dole (4,410m / 13,152 ft)
- April 08, 2015 Day 6: Hike to Machherma (4,470m / 14,663 ft)
- April 09, 2015 Day 7: Step towards Gokyo (4800m/ 15,744 ft)
- April 10, 2015 Day 7: Acclimatization at Gokyo Valley
- April 11, 2015 Day 8: climb Gokyo Ri (5357m ) and Thaknak (4750m)
- April 12, 2015 Day 9 : move to Cho- La- Pass(5367m) and Dzongla (4830 m)
- April 13, 2015 10 Day : trek to Lobuche (4940 m)
- April 14, 2015 Day 11: Walk to Gorakshep (5170m) then Everest Base Camp ( 5364 m)
- April 15, 2015 Day 12: Trek to Kala Patthar and Pheriche (4280)
- April 16, 2015 Day 13: Trek to Namche Bazaar through Pheriche – Pangboche – Tengboche
- April 17, 2015 Day 14: Hike to Lukla
- April 18, 2015 Day 15 : Fly back to Kathmandu
- April 19, 2015 Day 16 : Reserve and rest day in Kathmandu
- April 20, 2015 Day 17: Departure from Kathmandu
The best part is that we will go with a very nice company – my girlfriend; a friend that used to be a mountain guide, his girlfriend and some of their family members as well as the fellow traveler with whom we already shared a trip to Scotland/Iceland and a lot of photos last year. Thanks for the ticket to akunamatata on Flickr. Hopefully soon I would have nice photos of my own to share.